With the prospect of this year’s Christmas being closer to ‘normal’, many will be taking the opportunity to celebrate with family that they perhaps were unable to see last year. This means lots of us will be leaving our houses unattended at certain times over the festive period.
Being Christmas, it is likely that lots of presents including the latest gadgets and other expensive items are left in houses or under the tree.
Here are some extra security measures to increase the safety of your property:
– Motion sensitive security lights
– Gravel paths & driveways
– Ensure all windows & doors are locked, including the side gate (even if you’re only popping next door!)
– Don’t leave windows open with cables for Christmas lights running through.
– Hide presents
– Put some timers on lights
– Leave TV / Radio on
– If away for a while, get neighbours to remove post
– Don’t let your recycling give you away! (rip off labels, fold larger boxes inside out, hiding evidence of expensive gifts.
Please get in touch for any other advice or to arrange mobile patrols of your property while you are out.
Stay safe this Christmas!
We can supply Nationwide coverage and our core areas include:
Hemel Office: Hemel Hempstead, Watford, Aylesbury, St. Albans, Luton, Stevenage and surrounding areas.
Marlow Office: Marlow, High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Amersham, Maidenhead, Slough, Reading and surrounding areas.